Happy Easter all! If you celebrate the season, you’re probably planning a special dinner and perhaps an Easter egg hunt with the kids. Yes, this year will once again be a smaller affair than perhaps we’re used to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still take a moment to be grateful for family and friends, and of course that includes our animals.
This year, include them in the festivities with some hearty and nutritious homemade dog easter treats they’re sure to love!
Homemade Dog Easter Treats
These treats are no-bake, with essential vitamins and minerals, fatty acids, and more – and they don’t take a lot of time to make!
- 2 ounces ground muscle meat
- 1 ounce liver (or a mixture of organ meats of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon lightly steamed veggies
- 1 tin canned sardines in water (not oil)
- 1 raw egg
- 1-2 tbsp flax meal or hemp meal
- Prep your meat. You can either chop it up or put it in a food processor. We like the food processor because it’ll get the muscle and organ meat finer than chopping (and it takes way less time!).
- Lightly steam your veg. Our go-to veggies are broccoli, green beans, and some nice fresh parsley, but you can choose whichever dog-friendly vegetables you like!
- Chop those up fine as well (or give them a whirl in the food processor).
- Mix the meat and the veggies in a bowl, then add your egg, sardines, and flax or hemp. The “dough” will be a little sticky, but if you want it a bit firmer just add a pinch more flax or hemp.
- Place it in the fridge for an hour to chill, them remove and form the dough into small egg shaped treats.
These will keep in the fridge for a few days, or in the freezer for up to three months. Just pop a few out when you want to feed them, let them defrost, or serve them frozen.
From the team here at Adored Beast, we’re wishing you a happy Easter!! Enjoy 💜